Abstract submission guidelines
Abstract submission deadline has been extended to Monday, February 12, 2018
Accepted extended abstracts will be published in a digital version of the DDI2018 Proceedings on the conference website, on condition that the presenting author is registered for the conference and paid the registration fee.
Authors of extended abstracts indicate when they submit whether they:
- Give an oral presentation only
- Give an oral presentation and write a paper to IET if Scientific committee agrees
- Give an oral presentation and write a paper to DDI proceedings if Scientific committee agrees
- Contribute with a poster only
- Contribute with a poster and write a paper to IET Journal, if Scientific Committee agrees
- Contribute with a poster and write a paper to DDI proceedings, if Scientific Committee agrees
- Follow strictly the Extended abstract Template (link)
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- Length of the Extended abstract should be min. 2 and max. 3 pages (1000-1500 words) excluding references.
- Use A4 page set-up and make all margins (top, bottom, left, right) 25 mm wide.
- Use single-spaced 12 point Times New Roman. Subheadings should be bold (Result).
- Justify the body of the text both left and right.
- The abstract should give aim and scope of your study, materials and methods used, the results obtained and main conclusions reached. Max 2 figures/photographs can be placed in the abstract.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author, if accepted.
- Abstract written in incorrect formats will be rejected.
Upon submission, indicate one of the following topics that best describes the content of the abstract:
- Definition of distraction and inattention
- Distraction and inattention due to new forms of mobility
- Mechanisms of distraction and inattention
- Assessment of distraction and inattention
- Models of distraction and inattention
- Various forms of distraction (advertising, wearable devices, etc.)
- Distraction in the context of automation
- Factors that give rise to inattention and distraction
- Distraction as an addiction
- Effects on driving performance
- Effects on driver behaviour and information processing
- Effects on crashes and near‐misses occurrences
- Impact on crash risk
- Factors mediating impact (eg age, experience, gender)
- Measurement of distraction and inattention
- Measurement of public perceptions about distraction and inattention
- Legislation and enforcement
- Company and transport policies
- Road, vehicle and technology design
- Real‐time distraction prevention and mitigation systems
- Education and training and driver licensing
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically no later than January 10, 2018 (Abstract submission deadline has been extended to February 12, 2018)
- Accepted formats are PDF and MS Word.
- Abstracts CANNOT be submitted by fax, hard copy or e-mail.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of the submission will be sent to the stated e-mail address. If you do not receive the confirmatory e-mail within 24 hours, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submitter of the abstract will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing the presenting author and co-authors of the status of the abstract.
- The submitter/presenting author will have access to the abstract after submission via an on-line Personal Page.
- Notification on acceptance of the abstracts will be sent to the stated e-mail address in March 2018.
When your abstract is submitted you can follow the progress on-line by entering your Personal Page for abstract.
Your Personal Page for abstracts makes it possible for you to:
– make changes until abstract submission deadline
– read and print your abstract
You will be able to access your Personal Page for abstracts by entering your unique user ID and password indicated in the attached file received in the confirmatory email after submission.
If you have any questions regarding abstracts please contact: email@example.com